Monday 2 January 2012

My first blog posting

Hello to anyone out there reading this!
So you probably want a brief introduction before you decide to continue on this (to be sure you're not following a crazy person).
Well, I'm 19 years old and now in my second year at the University of Kent at Canterbury studying History and French BA Hons, and yes I am incredibly excited about the year abroad which for me is this September. I may be in Canterbury for the imminent future but I am a Birmingham girl - accent included.
My friends mean everything to me; which does mean that they will indeed be mentioned fairly often in this, and my two younger sisters provide enough entertainment that I rarely need a television when I'm back up north with them.
I love to read - my favourite books being Anne of Green Gables by L M Montgomery, Persuasion by Jane Austen, and of course the Harry Potter series by J K Rowling. Although at the moment I'm reading books by Kurt Vonnegut (as mentioned in the exceptional tv show Criminal Minds) and Kate Mosse - no, not the model.
Watching DVD's take up a huge part of my time, especially foreign language films like Black Book which is in Dutch and any films with Audrey Tautou or Marion Cotillard in. Luckily my uni has an on-campus cinema which shows foreign films for only £4 a showing :)
I think I share the same mindset as most of my fellow students in that I really have no clue what I'm going to do after my holiday from real life (uni), I'm thinking that I'll end up in a teaching career but there are so many things I would just adore doing; being an author would be awesome - and yes probably an after effect from Anne of Green Gables, an air hostess or as most '90's kids will agree, a Pokemon trainer.
Well, I hope that I have answered the usual questions that strangers ask each other to become acquainted (hello Victorian era wording).
Welcome to my blog!
Danielle Evelyn xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment